Fellow writer and book lover Emilyann Girdner (http://www.anythingimagined.blogspot.com) nominated my blog for a Sunshine Award! Thanks, Emilyann!
Scroll to the bottom of this post for a list of great “writing blogs” I am nominating and go check them out!
You can learn a bit more about me if you bother reading my answers to these questions. I’m just a little bit of all right, so you might be interested in getting to know me better. However, I won’t be offended (heck, I might respect you even more) if you simply head straight to my recommended blog sites at the far bottom. You can thank me later.
As part of the fun, I am to answer 10 questions and nominate other bloggers for the award. Here are the rules:
- Include the award’s logo in my blog post.
- Link to the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and commend on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.
So here we go. . . .
- Favorite color: Varying shades of blue, like the Blue Morpho Butterfly or a clear sea on a sunny day.
- Favorite Animal: Dogs, preferably the small & friendly variety that won’t kill me.
- Favorite Number: Four because that includes my wife, our two children, and me (so “No,” not because of Divergent).
- Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: This topic is inherently flawed: it assumes that something without alcohol is still a “drink” instead of a beverage. But in order to play along, I’ll say Cherry Coke Zero.
- Favorite Alcoholic Drink: Blue Moon beer.
- Facebook or Twitter: I confess that I don’t follow either regularly, but I certainly learn more about writing via Twitter than Facebook because it is through other tweets that I learn about author signings, contests, agents, advice, conferences, etc.
- Passions: Checking items off of my “bucket list,” enjoying time with family and friends, vacations, and experiencing great stories through writing, reading, and shows or movies.
- Prefer giving or getting presents? Giving. No question.
- Favorite City: I have three:
- Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Wellington, New Zealand.
- Sweet home, Chicago.
- Favorite TV Shows: That are on right now:Arrow, Sherlock (BBC), Dr. Who (BBC), Modern Family, Grimm, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead
Favorite TV Shows Of All Time: Lost, Firefly, Fringe, and Babylon 5 (ignore the sad production value—the writing is great).
And I’m nominating the following great blogs!
Note: I’m supposed to nominate 10 blogs, but I’m trying to only nominate ones I have not mentioned in the past. I met these folks via writeoncon.com this past summer and they all gave me some great advice on my manuscript! Check them out TODAY!